Ave Maria School of law provides a series of bar materials and classes to third year students. Those materials as well as in-class activities will be listed here.
1. Bar Preparation Boot Camp: May 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 30. (9:00 a.m.- 4 p.m. ONLINE):
Each of the seven Multistate Bar subjects will be reviewed using practice multiple choice questions (a 50-question quiz will be administered each morning, and an afternoon lecture will discuss the applicable rules for correctly answering the quiz questions, together with MBE test-taking strategies).
2. Bar Preparation Workshops (1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., ONLINE):
Two-hour afternoon sessions directed at the most highly tested subject areas on the Multistate and Florida Bar Examinations:
• June 8: MBE Criminal Law
• June 12: MBE Real Property I
• June 15: MBE Real Property II
• June 16: MBE Constitutional Law
• June 17: MBE Evidence • June 18: MBE Civil Procedure
• June 19: Florida Evidence • June 22: MBE Contracts
• June 24: Florida Civil Procedure
• June 25: Florida Constitutional Law
• June 29: MBE Torts • June 30: Business Entities
• July 2: Florida Criminal Procedure
• July 6: Wills
• July 7: Negotiable Instruments
• July 9: Secured Transactions
• July 10: Family Law
*** Dates subject to change***
3. MBE 3-Day Final Review: July 20-22 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., ONLINE):
Graduates will complete a 200-question simulated MBE on day one. The second and third day will be spent deconstructing the questions in a lecture format, identifying the applicable rules, and discussing exam-taking strategies.
4. Florida Final Review: July 23 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; ONLINE):
Graduates will complete practice multiple choice and essay questions directed at the most highly tested subject areas on the Florida Bar Examination.
5. Individual Tutoring:
Throughout the bar preparation period, individual tutoring will be available to all Ave Maria students sitting for the July Bar Exam.
If I had to give one piece of advice to a student preparing for the bar exam it would be this: before you walk into that room to take the bar exam, make sure that you did everything humanly possible to prepare yourself for the exam. You never want to say these words: “If only I had studied harder….”
- Christopher Buscaglia, Director of Bar Preparation